June 1,2,5-9 ( June 8th and 9th sold out), August 23rd, September 27th.
We are building!!!! Register and book now to ensure your spot.
A big thank you to the following individuals for joining the Women Build initiative as Power Women ambassadors, to rally their troops for our campaign to build more homes, faster!: Premier Christy Clark, The Honourable Linda Reid (MLA, Speaker of the House), Jill Schnarr, Jillian Harris, Norma Reid, Monica Moretto, Dianne Watts, Fiona Forbes, Kerry Sauriol and Jill Amery.
We all know the incredible power of giving. But did you know women are the driving force behind the construction of Habitat for Humanity homes worldwide? Women can definitely set the bar high. And soon enough, they'll set it even higher! Join us as we launch our first ever Women Build project/campaign, Power Women Power Tools: an initiative to encourage women to give back to their communities while helping Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver build affordable homes. Here's to being truly powerful!
Unfamiliar with Women Build? It's a Habitat for Humanity program that gives women the chance to empower themselves and others by fundraising and building homes for Habitat partner families.
Our Women Build quick facts:
- 400 women leaders and change-makers will take part in a 10-day consecutive build blitz (40 women/day) at our build site in Richmond where six homes will be constructed for 12 deserving families
- Fundraise now for 2017; we will provide more information on the days of the build as we get closer to the event
- Our goal is to raise $500,000
- A minimum of $1000 needs to be raised or donated to participate at the build (but feel free to give what you can!)
- You can join as an individual, team or as a corporate/community sponsor
- Each participant (or power woman) who raises $1000+ can participate one full-day at the build site (with food, safety gear, tools and guidance provided; no prior skills needed)
- Swag and prizes for top fundraisers and fundraising teams ($1500+)
- A great way to give back!
Change in our own backyard
Get ready to build in 2017! Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver invites you to join its Women Build fundraising campaign, Power Women, Power Tools, in Vancouver. Thanks to the support of P&G, every woman has the power to move mountains. We will welcome 400 women to do just that at our Richmond build site. Participants will learn new skills, build homes, make new friends, work alongside Habitat for Humanity Greater Vancouver partner families and change lives forever.
The Women Build program is not about excluding men but it is about including women.
A little history repeating
The first Women Build project began in North Carolina in 1991. In 2001, the Canadian Women Build program was formally launched. Since its inception, the program has completed more than 90 homes in Canada. Today, over 30 countries have participated in this initiative. With thousands of homes under its toolbelt, the Women Build program continues to gain momentum, empowering women everywhere to donate their time and resources to create affordable housing for their neighbours in their own backyards.
Thanks to our Power Women, Power Tools sponsors!