Donate or Volunteer at the ReStore near you
Find out what HGTV's Scott McGillivray has to say about supporting your local Restore below!
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a home décor and building supply store that sells new and gently-used items for your home and garden. From lighting to your bedside antique table, flooring and everything in between, the ReStore sells great products at up to 80% off retail prices.
The ReStore is mainly volunteer-run, and a social enterprise that funds 100% of Habitat's operations while also contributing to the building of homes for hardworking families. This means that all donations to our build site are used for construction and not overhead.
Because our ReStores operate on donations, inventory is ever-changing and never guaranteed. We may have the perfect lamp you've been looking for or a couch that would fit perfectly in your living room; but you'll never know if you don't come in as these treasures don't stay in the store long.
Our inventory is kindly donated by local corporate donors and individuals like you.
List of Accepted Items:
Cooktops, Stoves, Ovens, Dishwashers, Washers, Dryers, Microwaves, Fridges
- Must be in full working order, clean and less than 7 years old
- Non-working and older appliances may be dropped off at the Douglas or Enterprise ReStores in Burnaby (not the North Vancouver or Maple Ridge ReStore) for recycling
Must be complete, all doors and drawers attached, no nails or screws sticking out.
- Cabinets with exposed hinges are not accepted
- No cabinet parts (e.g. doors, drawers etc.)
- Countertops must be detached from the cabinet bases. Please limit sizes to 2’x5’ due to weight of stone counters. We cannot pickup broken or oversized counters.
Tile, Carpeting, Rugs, Hardwood, Laminate, Vinyl, Granite, Marble
- All flooring: min donation is 100 sq ft
- Tile (must be unused)
- Carpeting (must be unused)
In good, resalable condition (no rips, stains or pet hair)
- No office, L-shaped or particle board desks or cubicles *Exception apply for corporate donors
- File cabinets and bookcases are accepted. Office chairs are accepted if the seats are clean and the foam arms are complete
- No mattresses or box-springs
- No baby furniture
- Entertainment centres must be solid wood only.
- No pianos or organs
Heating and Cooling
AC, Furnaces, Hot Water Heaters, Swamp Coolers, Fans
- Must be in good, working order
- Furnaces, AC & hot water heaters must be less than 5 years old
Non-working and older appliances may be dropped off at the Douglas or Enterprise ReStores in Burnaby (not the North Vancouver or Maple Ridge ReStore) for recycling
Must be new and bagged
Landscaping & Outdoor Furniture
Brick, Stone, Cinderblock, Lawn-care Tools, Slate, Cultured Stone
- Bricks, stone and cinderblock must be palletized for pick up. Must be clean of mortar.
- BBQ’s must be in working condition. No propane tanks.
Lighting & Electrical
Lamps, Chandeliers, Ceiling Fans, Breakers, Conduits, Connectors, Fuses, Junction Boxes etc.
- No fluorescent bulbs or fixtures, no track lighting and no used light bulbs
Minimum of 6’ long with no nails or paint
Must be framed to prevent breakage
Bathtubs, Sinks, Faucets, Toilets, Bathroom Accessories, Shower Pans
- No used toilets* Exception apply for corporate donors
- Bathtubs must be standard size (30”x60”)
- No jetted/Jacuzzi
- No cast iron tubs or sinks
Minimum of 1 bundle in packaging
Sheet Goods (Plywood, OSB, Drywall etc.)
Minimum ½ sheet (4’x4’)
Windows & Doors
- No flat panel doors, glass shower doors, mirrored closet doors or oversized doors (standard size is 80” high)
- Patio/sliding glass doors must be vinyl clad only and clean
- Windows must be vinyl, double-pane and under 6’ x 6’ (36 sq ft) in size. Windows must be clean
- No shutters
- No Blinds
- Please pack plates & glasses for transport (boxes will not be returned)
- Books can be dropped off at our ReStores
- New paint/stain is only accepted from commercial donors
Some things we can't take
If an item is not available on the list when booking a pickup, unfortunately it is not an item we accept.
- Mattresses & Boxsprings
- TVs & Electronics
- Exercise Equipment & Basketball Hoops
- Clothing, Toys
- Linens & Soft Goods
- Countertops (bathroom vanity tops are ok with base cabinets)
- Hazardous Materials (ALL Chemicals, Grout, Mortar, Caulk etc.) or household cleaners
- Unframed Glass or Mirrors
- Cement Roof Tiles
Although we try to take many items there are a few exceptions, i.e. dangerous goods, weapons, items with expiry dates, open containers with label’s missing, ripped or torn items, unsanitary or solid items, extremely outdated or heavily used furniture or fixtures. Essentially, can the items be sold to be used again without repair? Habitat for Humanity offers a warranty and a return policy so for most items, they must be in safe, decent, working condition.